It has been a big weekend of nothing-ness here at the Powell residence,
and there
Actually, the nothing-ness is not entirely true.
We were originally planning on spending Labor Day weekend backpacking, but due to some unslightly weather and utter exhaustion from the last two weeks, we decided to forgo the trip this year, and settle for leftovers, movies and sweatpants.
Ah, marriage!
I'm only kidding, we haven't been that lazy. On Friday night, we headed out to the beach to see The Wailer's and OAR. The Wailer's were...hilarious, and OAR was incredible. They played lots of their older, better stuff and put on a fabulous show. Don't judge me, but despite the loud noises and awesome show, I was about ready to fall asleep standing by the time 10:30pm rolled around, so dear Jody, having already seen numorous OAR concerts, allowed me to stagger to the car a bit early, where I fell asleep promptly after getting into the car.
This wasn't the show we watched, but what we witnessed was quite similar. I love the constant...flailing. Of everything. Arms, legs, dreads...you get it.
Here we are playing in the water on the beach before the show.
in the water, on the beach, before the show
I don't screw around with details, do I?
Moving on...like I said, we did a whole lot of nothing. I spent maybe an hour at the gym, payed rent and cheered Jody on while he played COD for most of yesterday.
That's a lie. I'm lying.
After doing a whole lot of nothing, we headed to the Town Center for some sushi, as I was having a real hankerin' for some Spring Rolls and Peanut Sauce (Tasty-tastiness. I found a recipe here that I'm going to try one of these days). Unfortunately, the menu didn't inclue any spring rolls, but I love sushi anyway, so I picked a few simple rolls off of the menu and was still satisfied.
Jody, on the other hand, decided to be VERY brave, ordering the 'Chef's Special' which included a giant plate full of nothing but raw-fishy-ness.
Jody won't be defeated by food.
Nope, not ever.
Especially during Thanksgiving, but that's a whole 'nother conversation.
Especially during Thanksgiving, but that's a whole 'nother conversation.
Anyway, he slurpped all of the slimy goodness down without so much as a complaint, then we headed home for movies and raisinettes. Life is good.
Nothing else to report around here.
Life IS good!
3 comments:
That doesn't sound like nothing-ness to me! An OAR concert?!? Please, child. That stuff never happens around these parts. Nevertheless, enjoy your nothing-ness. Over the summer, I often wished I could bottle up the nothing-ness and save it for when life was sure to get overwhelming again. Sigh - if only I ruled the world!
You're adorable, and that picture on the beach just proves it. Also, way to admit the lie. That's always hard for me - I just wallow in my deceptive sarcasm. :)
You lie? Seriously? Miss you lady!Married life, being comfortable, All good stuff.
Post a Comment