I've made progress!
In the past few weeks, I've acquired a car, a bank account, and a part time 'job'. We've also recieved our wedding photos, purchased the drapes from hell, put up the drapes from hell, and I even found some free spinning classes at the gym on base near our home. Jody also found a really great climbing area up in Richmond that we've been able to visit twice already!
I hadn't been able to find my mind since I lost it somewhere around week two or three of laying around being completely useless, but I actually found it in my car! Crazy. I really like being able to drive around and explore now, especially with Jody's GPS. Multitasking is really hard for me, so driving while reading a gps, finding a decent radio station, AND texting my millions of friends (ok, my mom) is tough, so I need all the practice I can get.
I put quotes around the word Job for a reason. It's not really a job, it's babysitting. It's something, though! I'm watching the kids of a friend of Jody's Monday-Fridays while their mom goes to school in the mornings. They are two really cute little kids, and I'm excited to have some responsibility again!
Things are going really well, but I've had my hormonal moments out here too. My sister Jenny got to experience one of my 'moments' the other day when I called her in a freak-out, and she was a great encouragement for me. I'm definitely missing home by now, but I couldn't be happier to finally get to be with Jody...permanantly. After years of phone calls and emails, I'm over the long distance thing, and actually being together is a whole new adventure that I greatly prefer over the first. I love Jody and I love being here, but I'm also very excited to visit home in a few weeks for my friends Marissa's wedding. Firstly, I can't wait for the wedding and to see Marissa, and secondly, I can't wait for some Schuylul Gul Time. Oh, and two more things: I want City Brew Coffee, and I want Billings Best Yogurt.
Anyway, if I write anymore about myself somebody's going to get bored, I'll try to get some pictures up one of these days. Happy Saturday!
2 comments:
Plans for your visit home. Billings Best Yogurt, some cooking together, some working together, some coffee's together, some laughter together, some fun together. See you soon.
I want to be a part of ALL of that! Girl, I'm glad you are settling into life there. It's got to be nice to be spending so much quality time just you and your hub. I love that you guys are touring your area and getting the most out of it. Love you!
Post a Comment