Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What the hell?

Alright...a bit of honesty?
 I hope you're up for it.

I feel like I woke up the other day and suddenly realized where I was.  How in Crap's name did I get to the other side of the country?  How long have I been here?  Where are the mountains?  Why the hell am I in school!?  Where did my money go?  Jody?  Did I just eat a pizza roll?  Who am I?

This new life suddenly isn't easy, and I'm clinging onto the fact that my mom and sisters will be here in one week.  But then they leave.  Then what?  I'll admit that I have no idea where I'm going with school, am making next to no money, hardly see my husband, and spend more hours on the internet, watching tv, sitting in traffic and getting lost driving around than I wish to admit.  I am not proud of this, and am trying my hardest to pull it together and slap on a smile and a good attitude.
Easier said than done.

I know I'm not the only one struggling right now, but I do ask for your prayers.  I have a very fragile well being and attitude, and right now they're both in the slums here.  For the first time since I moved to Virginia, Jody has begun going on frequent underways, which means he's out to sea for several days at a time.  Being alone all of the time is worse than I expected, considering I've always been a very personal person and I've never needed the company of many people.  Now I've got my mind on another deployment heading our way and wondering how in the world we'll do it this time. 

The good news is that the weather really is getting better, and I have two curly haired goofballs and a Badass Brunette headed my way!  Finals are in just three weeks, and then I'll be out of school.  Jody's mom and sister will be here just a few days after my visitors leave, and I gave Jody's mom my permission to drive us crazy so we'd actually want to send her away after her trip (unlikely).  I look forward to some familiar faces, good weather, and happier blogs! 


5 comments:

Janelle Wilson said...

Oh sweet sistul. All we can do is give you all those annoying platitudes that everyone says: This too shall pass, God won't give you more than you can handle, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, Everything happens for a reason... shall I go on? But, these phrases are over-used for a reason: their generally true. Hang on until we get there, and then you'll just take it one day at a time. One HOUR at a time if 24 hours seems overwhelming. Love you so much, sister.

Laurie said...

All I can say is... I love you, and am very thankful for cell phones, texts, and facebook. I can't wait to see you and Jody. Someday you will look back at these times and still wonder..How did we get through it? But you will get through it. Again, I love you.
Your mama.

Laurie said...

And I think you meant to say, What the heck.... and bad bottom brunette. IS that how they talk in Virginia?

Dave said...

Nice

Nate & Danielle said...

AND this girl loves you and loves having you here on the East Coast even if you don't ;)